Facts on Emergencies:
Research supports the common sense notion that getting prompt help makes surviving an emergency more likely. The ability to get help also boosts the odds that a senior will continue to live independently. The longer a person spends helpless, the greater the likelihood he/she will be discharged into supportive care. For elderly people who live alone, becoming incapacitated and unable to get help is a common event, which usually marks the end to their ability to live independently.
(New England Journal of Medicine)
Wireless Medical Panic Button Options
- Adding basic medical wireless panic button to existing security system
This type of panic button sends a medical panic signal to the monitoring station and they call back by telephone, and if you don’t answer they follow instructions you have given them for example,“Call me and if I don’t answer, call my son or neighbor and if they don’t answer, call an ambulance. A key is hidden for the ambulance to enter my home.”
- Adding medical wireless panic button to existing security system without wireless receiver
- A basic wireless panic button needs a wireless receiver so if your system doesn’t have one, we’ll need to add a wireless receiver to your existing system.
- Wireless receiver installed – $95.00
- Wireless panic button installed – $69.00
- Monthly monitoring – no increase
- Adding medical panic button to existing system with existing wireless receiver
- Some wireless receivers have a limit on capacity so we may have to check the capacity of existing wireless receiver to ensure it can handle extra wireless panic button. If wireless receiver has enough capacity, cost of wireless panic button is listed below:
- Wireless panic button installed – $89.00
Monthly monitoring – no increase
- Adding a medical two way voice wireless panic button
This type of medical panic is especially desirable if you fall and cannot answer a telephone call. A voice is projected from a base unit or a wireless panic button and you can communicate without answering a telephone. There are two versions of two way voice wireless panics.
Talking base unit with wireless panic button (PERS-2400A)
- This base unit has a voice and listening device that projects into two or three attached rooms with open doors. The monitoring station will talk to you and can hear you if you are in range with open doors. This unit is best in small homes or condos.
- Base unit & wireless panic installed - $95.00
- Monthly monitoring – $19.00/month
Click here to visit the Linear website.
Wireless panic button that talks (LifeSentry)
- This wireless panic hangs around your neck or attached to your wrist. It has a radio in it and the monitoring station talks to you over the two way radio in the panic button. You can be out in the yard or anywhere in a very large home and talk to monitoring station in the event that you fall.
- Base unit & wireless panic installed – $180
Monthly monitoring – $19.00/month
Click here to visit the Logic Mark website.